Welcome to the Adventure!

This blog is an adventure for sure. My adventure while being a newly married, truck drivers wife. Here you'll find funny and heartwarming stories about my life on the road as I Learn what it's like to live life on the go while loving every bit of it. I've learned tips and tricks for keeping my sanity on long road trips and you can join in on the adventure just through reading! Become a follower and get new updates on My Truckin' Adventure.....

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Winter Wonderland

I grew up in Texas where the sun pretty much shone bright during mostof the winter season. I remember seeing snow in my hometown just once while I was growing up there. Sure, I visited family in Iowa every other Christmas and saw plenty of snow, but I was never around it long, lol. Well, I must be making up for all of the times I wasn't around snow, because it's been fierce during our last couple days of travel.
While traveling from Oklahoma City to Denver we hit a big snow storm in Kansas that shut us down for about 15 hours. Poor Levi spent an hour the next morning tring to loosen the frozen truck breaks.
Now we are in Buffalo, Wyoming and the snow has been pouring down all day long. Here is what the interste looked like all day!





Well, Christmas time is almost here and eventhough being on the truck it doesn't feel as festive, I am excited. We are going to be taking a few days off at Levi's parent's house for the Holidays, and boy do I look forward to yummy homemade meals, hot chocolate in the evenings and lots of fellowship. =)

Incase I don't have the opportunity to blog before Christmas...Merry Christmas to all! =)
p.s. Don't forget to remember the reason we celerate this wonderful holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey I'd love for you to leave me a comment!!! Please keep it simple and clean! Thanks :)